Posted on May 1st, 2019
Schedule your Midlands Gives donation today!
Midlands Gives brings the region together as one community, raising money and awareness for Midlands nonprofits during an annual 18-hour online giving challenge. During Midlands Gives, everyone has the opportunity to be a philanthropist as contributions of just $20 or more are amplified through sponsored prize incentives.
Your donation to FoodShare South Carolina during Midlands Gives will help us improve quality of life and reduce food insecurity in South Carolina by increasing access to fresh produce and nutrition education.
By supporting FoodShare today, you are helping to support a system that allows individuals to learn necessary skills and access the foods necessary to make a change for healthier lives.
- $2,000 – Funds a purchase of a “Blender Bike” to promote healthy eating and physical activity at elementary and middle schools in the community.
- $1,500 – Enables one year of SNAP payment processing for our “Fresh Food On-the-Go” program with The COMET, which helps city bus passengers purchase Fresh Food Boxes at the Sumter Street Transit Center.
- $500 – Supports our Teaching Kitchen for one month.
- $250 – Provides printed healthy-recipe cards for an entire Fresh Food Box bi-weekly order.
- $150 – Provides an eight-week cooking class scholarship for low-income community members.
- $75 – Provides eight weeks of cooking classes for one patient diagnosed with diabetes, hypertension or obesity.
- $50 – Supports delivery of fresh food boxes to various FoodShare pick-up sites in the Midlands.
We look forward to your support! To donate: www.midlandsgives.org/FoodShareSC