Beet Carrot Apple Slaw
Posted on February 15th, 2021
- 2 beets large, raw, about 1 pound, peeled and roughly chopped
- 8 ounces carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 apples cored and roughly chopped
- Zest & juice of 2 lemons ~1/4 cup
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey, optional
- Shred the beets, carrots, and apples with a food processor or box grater. Place the shredded beets, carrots, and apples into a very large bowl.
- Zest the lemons and add it to the bowl. Cut the lemons open and squeeze out the juice into the bowl. Be sure you don’t put any seeds into the salad!
- Add the olive oil, salt, pepper, and honey (optional).
- Toss the salad well until everything is evenly combined.
- Keeps in the fridge for up to 3 days.