Simple Fresh Grape Tomato Sauce
Posted on October 1st, 2019
- 2 cups fresh grape tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Slice grape tomatoes in half and set aside. Slice fresh garlic cloves and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil on medium-heat until crackling. Add fresh garlic and sauté for a minute or two until fragrant, but not browned.
- Add sliced grape tomatoes and fresh basil, stir. Cook until grape tomatoes start to burst open, about 6 minutes.
- Scoop half of the grape tomatoes into a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add blended tomatoes back into the saucepan, and stir until heated. Add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 5 minutes to meld flavors. Serve warm over whole-wheat pasta.