Midlands Gives 2022
Posted on April 26th, 2022
Donate to Midlands Gives today!
Midlands Gives brings the region together as one community, raising money and awareness for Midlands nonprofits during an annual 18-hour online giving challenge. During Midlands Gives, everyone has the opportunity to be a philanthropist as contributions of just $20 or more are amplified through sponsored prize incentives.
Your donation to FoodShare South Carolina during Midlands Gives will help us improve quality of life and reduce food insecurity in South Carolina by increasing access to fresh produce and nutrition education.
By supporting FoodShare today, you are helping to support a system that allows individuals to learn necessary skills and access the foods necessary to make a change for healthier lives.
Major donations will allow us to renovate the new FoodShare South Carolina Teaching Kitchen & Training Center that has been identified in a low-wealth/food desert in our home cite of Columbia. Total renovation estimates exceed $200,000.
We invite individuals and businesses to consider these following donation opportunities:
• $10,000: Name recognition as a sponsor on a cooking station in the FoodShare South Carolina Teaching Kitchen.
• $5,000: Name recognition as a sponsor on a cast iron skillet forged by Smithey Ironware Company to be displayed in our Teaching Kitchen.
• $1,000: Name recognition as a sponsor on a custom-engraved cutting board displayed in our Teaching Kitchen.
• $500: Name recognition as a sponsor on one month of recipe cards which are included in our Fresh Food Box.
• $250: Name recognition on the FoodShare South Carolina web site.
We look forward to your support! To donate: www.midlandsgives.org/FoodShareSC
The vision of FoodShare South Carolina is to ensure access to fresh produce for all in our state. This access is currently limited by where people live, their racial and ethnic background, age, income, and whether or not a family has reliable transportation.