Fresh Food Box
Fresh Food Boxes are filled with 9 to 11 varieties of fresh fruits and vegetables. With the contents changing weekly, it’s an affordable and exciting way to eat healthy food. Bulk buying at wholesale prices makes our boxes more affordable than buying produce at retail stores.
Our Fresh Food Box is available at a cost which allows anyone to buy a box. Customers pay for their produce, thereby allowing them the power and dignity to control their own food needs. Each box also includes unique recipes, tips and nutrition notes to give recipients the encouragement to expand their knowledge, cook new things and eat healthier.
How it works:
- Fresh Food Boxes come in three options and FoodShare accepts CASH and SNAP EBT.
- Our Large box contains 18-22 pounds of fresh produce and costs $25 if paying cash. If you are a SNAP participant and use your SNAP card to purchase your box, your SNAP will be charged only $10 and you receive an instant $15 Healthy Bucks match to cover the rest of the cost.
- A Small box contains 15-18 pounds of fresh produce costs $20 if paying cash. If you are a SNAP participant and use your SNAP card to purchase your box, your SNAP will be charged only $5 and you receive an instant $15 Healthy Bucks match to cover the rest of the cost.
- Our newest offering in Columbia is our No Cook Box which includes produce which will not require any cooking before eating. Containing 9-12 pounds of produce, this box is $15 if paying with cash or SNAP.
- If you need additional information, please give us a call at 803-851-4461.
- Our system is unique. You can order Fresh Food Boxes from various partner sites throughout the city or through a neighborhood coordinator in your area. It’s a fun way to meet new people and get a box of good, wholesome food.
- Each Fresh Food Box comes with a recipe insert chock full of ideas on how to use the produce contents that week.
- Simply place your order in person at the Columbia FoodShare Hub, one of our Pick-Up Sites in Columbia or with one of our locations in other cities!
Join the FoodShare SC Movement! If you’re interested in becoming a Partner Site or Neighborhood Coordinator, these resources can help answer your questions. Need to reach us? Email us at: email@example.com.