It’s been more than 50 years since the first and only White House Conference on Food, Nutrition, and Health was held in 1969. That pivotal event influenced the country’s food policy agenda for the next 50 years. Half a century later, the 2022 White House Conference will catalyze the public and private sectors around a coordinated strategy to accelerate progress and drive transformative change in the U.S. to end hunger, improve nutrition and physical activity, and close the disparities surrounding them.
The White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health will be hosted in September 2022. The conference will focus on:
- Improving food access and affordability
- Integrating nutrition and health
- Empowering all consumers to make and have access to healthy choices
- Supporting physical activity for all
- Enhancing nutrition and food security research
We’ll be following the conversations leading up to the conference and are excited for the outcomes. We also encourage everyone to sign up to receive email updates for the White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health.