Lemon Garlic Sauteed Cabbage
Simple and delicious is the name of the game for this easy lemon garlic cabbage recipe. This splendid recipe only calls for a batch of easy-to-find ingredients, including white cabbage, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- 2 pounds white cabbage, core removed and shredded (10 cups)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt or more to taste
- Half of a lemon, cut into wedges
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the cabbage, garlic, red pepper flakes, and the salt. It might seem like too much cabbage for the pan, but as it cooks, the cabbage will wilt down.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the cabbage is tender and some of the cabbage begins to turn a light brown; 10 to 15 minutes.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 lemon wedges over the cabbage. Taste then adjust with more salt, pepper, and lemon juice as needed.