Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts (boneless, skinless, cut into 12 thin strips)
- 1/2 cupcornmeal
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (freshly grated )
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, mix together cornmeal, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and black pepper.
- In another shallow baking dish, whisk together egg whites. Dip chicken breast strip in egg mixture and then drench in cornmeal mixture. Coat well and place on baking sheet. Repeat procedure for all chicken strips.
- Spray chicken strips with cooking spray. Bake 15-20 minutes or until done; turn chicken pieces over half way
through cooking time.