Wonderfully flavorful and caramelized, roasted onions make a wonderful side dish or topping for meat and poultry dishes.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons butter plus more for the pan
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray a square 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Peel the onion and slice it into1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Arrange the slices in a single layer in the prepared baking dish. Melt the butter and pour it all over the onions. Sprinkle with Kosher salt.
- Roast the onions until the bottoms are golden, about 20 minutes.
- Turn the onion slices to the other side and bake them until golden-brown, about 20 more minutes.