3 Ingredient Garlic Spread
Roasting garlic cloves and combining them with olive oil and salt gives you a spread that has a consistency to match butter at room temperatures with a savory garlic flavor.
- 2 heads of garlic
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice off the top third of the heads of garlic.
- Place the garlic heads in a baking dish, cut side up.
- Drizzle with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast until the garlic is very soft and the cloves are starting to pop out of their skins, 35-45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly.
- Squeeze the cloves out of their skins.
- Drizzle the cloves with remaining olive oil, sprinkle with salt and mash with a fork until smooth.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week or freeze.