Sweet & Sour Frozen Grapes
It’s starting to heat up in Columbia, SC and it’s time to be looking for cool treats before summer is fully on us! Enter healthy green grapes frozen with a sweet and sour twist! These candied grapes are such a delightful, sour treat with a fraction of the carbs & calories. The best part about this recipe is it is 100% kid-friendly.
- 4 cups green grapes (cleaned)
- 3/4 cup monk fruit sweetener (granulated)*
- 2 limes, juiced
* This sweetener has the closest taste to sugar without the bitter aftertaste that most other sweeteners have. It’s 0 carbs and 0 calories and doesn’t have the same effect on your blood sugar as regular sugar does.
- Cover a large baking dish with parchment paper.
- Wash and dry the grapes.
- Place the grapes in a large bowl along with the juice from 2 limes.
- Mix together using a spoon and allow to sit in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the monk fruit sweetener into a medium bowl.
- Remove the grapes from the fridge and roll each one into the monk fruit making sure each grape is completely coated.
- Transfer the coated grapes onto the parchment paper and freeze for 2-3 hours.
- Keep in the freezer until ready to eat and enjoy your new favorite way to eat grapes: frozen, candied, and sour!