Avocado Chocolate Pudding
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Dutch process cocoa
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 large ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- In a 4-cup microwave-safe measuring pitcher, place everything EXCEPT the avocados. Stir well to combine.
- Heat chocolate mixture in microwave at 50 percent power until chocolate chips are melted, 2½ to 3 minutes. Use oven mitts to remove measuring cup from microwave. Whisk mixture until smooth.
- Use a soup spoon to scoop out the avocado flesh, into a food processor or blender. Discard skins. Turn on processor or blender and process for 1 minute, then stop to scrape down sides and process again for another minute until smooth.
- With food processor running, slowly pour warm chocolate mixture through feed tube and process until pudding is smooth and glossy, about 2 minutes. Stop processor, remove lid, and carefully remove processor blade.
- Pour pudding into a medium bowl, making sure to scrape all the pudding into the bowl using a rubber spatula. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until pudding is chilled and thickened, at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours. Serve.