Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar OR lemon juice
- 4 hard boiled eggs, cooled, peeled and diced
- 2 stalk green onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh, ground, black pepper to taste
- 1 cup cucumber, small dice
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce (optional)
- 4 each sandwich thin, whole wheat, toasted
- 1 cup greens (arugula or spinach)
- In a medium bowl, mash avocado with the vinegar or lemon juice with the back of a fork.
- Fold in egg, green onion, salt, black pepper and cucumber into mashed avocado mixture.
- Serve 1 cup of egg salad with greens or lettuce on top of whole wheat sandwich thins.