Baked Zucchini Chips
- Olive oil spray
- 2 medium zucchini (about 1 pound total weight)
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt divided (not fine salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup dry-grated Parmesan (not shredded)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with high-heat-resistant parchment paper and coat it with olive oil spray.
- Slice the zucchini into 1/8-inch-thick rounds. Sprinkle the slices with 1 teaspoon of kosher salt. Place the salted zucchini in a colander in the sink and let them stand for 30 minutes at room temperature. This removes water from the zucchini, which helps achieve crispiness. After 30 minutes, rinse and blot dry the zucchini slices using paper towels.
- Arrange the zucchini slices in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Spray with olive oil and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Sprinkle the zucchini slices with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and grated Parmesan.
- Return the pan to the oven and continue baking until the zucchini slices are browned and crisp, 15-20 more minutes.
- Some of the zucchini slices might be ready before others are. You can remove them to a plate and keep baking others a little longer.