Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (divided into 4 (4-ounce) portions)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 10 ounce container white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
Place the chicken breasts in a plastic freezer bag and pound thin with a mallet or rolling pin.
Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a skillet.
Dredge the chicken in flour and coat it on both sides. Add the chicken to the pan and sauté 5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
Melt the butter in the pan. Add the mushrooms and pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar to the pan and bring it to a boil to reduce the liquid.
Add the chicken broth to the pan and simmer 2 more minutes. Add the chicken breasts back to the pan, simmer for 5 minutes and serve