Banana Cream Pie Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon banana cream pie pudding mix
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- coconut flakes, toasted, optional
- whipped topping, optional
- Wash your hands and gather your ingredients, tools and cutting boards.
- Mix it all together in a jar and place it in the fridge overnight. If the mixture is too thick for your liking, add a little additional milk to thin out.
- If you want the yogurt layered, mix everything in a jar except for the yogurt and maple syrup. Let it sit overnight. Mix the yogurt and maple syrup and layer the overnight oats with the yogurt and banana slices.
- Serve into bowls and add desired toppings like more coconut shavings, Greek yogurt.
Source: Chef Christa, Director of Culinary Medicine, FoodShareSC