Banana Oat Pancakes
We love oats! They help with reducing cholesterol and controlling blood sugars, promote regularity with fiber, and are a great source of daily iron and complex carbs to boost energy.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cup of oats
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of milk of choice
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoons of butter or oil to spray pan
- Brown sugar
- Pulse oats in a blender for 5-10 seconds then place in large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mash banana with a fork until mixed into a semi-creamy texture.
- Add vanilla extract, egg, brown sugar, salt, and milk to bananas and stir well. Add the combined mixture to the oats in the large bowl. Stir well.
- Preheat skillet to medium-high heat. Spray pan with oil spray or use sliver of butter to melt and add as needed with subsequent batches.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of the banana oat mixture into the skillet. Cook each side until you see the edges turn brown.
- Serve hot and enjoy!