This vibrant beet smoothie combines sweet and earthy beets with berries, banana and orange juice for a well-balanced flavor.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup refrigerated cooked beets (see recipe to the left)
- 1 medium banana, peeled
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 (1/2 inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- Combine strawberries, blueberries, orange juice, beets, banana, carrot and ginger in a blender; process until combined, about 30 seconds. Divide between 2 glasses. Serve immediately.