Beet Yogurt Dip
Follow along with our step-by-step video at this link!
- 1/2 pound red beets
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Wrap the beets in aluminum foil and bake for 45-60 minutes until tender when pierced with a fork. Set aside to cool for at least 10 minutes. Using your hands, remove the skins and transfer beets to a blender.
- To the blender jar, add the yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, onion powder and salt. Process until smooth. Chill for 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with crunchy vegetables like radishes, jicama, celery and colored peppers. Can be made up to three days ahead and used for snacking throughout the week.
Source: FoodShareSC Culinary Medicine Kitchen