Black Bean Burgers
- 1 (15 oz.) can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Bell Pepper, diced (Red or Green)
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- To taste Black pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Large Egg
- 3/4 Cup Whole Wheat Breadcrumbs
- As needed Cooking Spray
- 2 Sliced tomatoes
- 2 Cups Romaine Lettuce
- 6 Whole Wheat Hamburger Bun
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mash beans in a large mixing bowl with a fork or potato masher.
- Mix in bell pepper, onion, cheese, garlic, seasonings, egg, and breadcrumbs and mix well. Shape into 6, 4 ounce patties.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Place burger patties in a single layer.
- Cook in oven until burgers firm up and reach internal temperature of 165°F, about 12 minutes.
- Serve on a toasted whole wheat bun with lettuce, tomato, and any other favorite condiment!Serve on a toasted whole wheat bun with lettuce, tomato, and any other favorite low-fat ro sugar-free condiment!!