Blackened Chicken with Avocado Cream Sauce
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons no-salt blackened seasoning
- 1/2cup plain, 0% Greek yogurt
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and pit removed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- Place the chicken breasts and blackened seasoning in a large resealable bag. Seal and shake a few times to evenly coat the chicken.
- Lightly coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, combine the yogurt, avocado, lemon juice, garlic powder, and salt and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- To serve, top each chicken breast with 2 tablespoons of the creamy avocado sauce and garnish with ½ tablespoon green onions.
- Serve over quinoa or brown rice