Blended Beef & Mushroom Chipotle Burgers
Put a healthy spin on your summer weekend cook-out!
- 1 box (8oz) button mushrooms, diced fine
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil + some additional
- 4 Tablespoons onion, small, fine dice
- 2 Tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 whole wheat slider buns
- Over medium heat, sauté the mushrooms with olive oil and 2 tablespoons of finely diced onion until browned slightly. Lower heat and sauté until excess moisture is removed, about 10 minutes, add garlic. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine sautéed mushrooms with remaining ingredients, mixing gently, and seasoning well. Form 4 palm-sized patties.
- Sauté for 3 minutes on each side to brown and then bake in oven until done, about 5 more minutes.
- Plate and add desired toppings to bun.
Source: Healthy Kitchens, Healthy Lives® Conference