Blueberry Banana Overnight Oats
After the hustle and bustle of a holiday weekend, having a breakfast or mid-morning snack ready to go with no muss or fuss can be a lifesaver. Say “hello” to overnight oats. Easy to prep the night before and then grab on the way out the door to work or before you start your day. Blueberries, sweet banana and creamy coconut milk combine to turn everyday oatmeal into the best vegan overnight oats! You can substitute any milk of your choice. For Make up to 4 jars at once to keep in the fridge for quick grab-and-go breakfasts throughout the week.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage or low-fat milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats (see Tip)
- 1/2 Tablespoon chia seeds (Optional)
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened flaked coconut (Optional)
- Combine coconut milk, oats, chia seeds (if using), banana, maple syrup and salt in a pint-sized jar and stir.
- Top with blueberries and coconut, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- People with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity should use oats that are labeled “gluten-free,” as oats are often cross-contaminated with wheat and barley.