Breakfast Scrambled Egg Burrito
- 1 low/no sodium whole-wheat 6-8 inch tortilla
- 1 egg
- 1 mini pepper or 2 tbsp sweet pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp shredded Swiss & Gruyere cheese (Trader Joe’s)
- 1 tsp low/no sodium pasta sauce or salsa
- Spray a small, non-stick skillet with a light coating of non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl break the egg and beat well with a fork, add in the diced peppers and salsa and mix well.
- Place the skillet on the stove over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the egg mixture and stir. Keep stirring and folding the egg over itself until large curds begin to form. The egg mixture will still look wet but will continue to cook once it’s removed from the heat.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and set aside.
- Place the tortilla flat on a plate and place it in the microwave. Heat for 10 seconds.
- Remove the tortilla from the microwave and sprinkle the tablespoon of cheese down the center. Place the scrambled egg mixture over the cheese and roll the tortilla up in burrito style. Place back on the plate seam side down and return the plate to the microwave and reheat for 5 seconds to melt the cheese. Remove from the microwave.
- Cut the burrito on a diagonal across the middle.
- Serve immediately with extra salsa, if desired.