Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts (skinless, boneless)
- 2 carrot(s) (diced)
- 3 stalks celery (diced)
- 1 cup mushrooms (diced)
- 32 ounces chicken broth (fat-free, reduced-sodium)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Add the oil to a large soup pot or dutch oven and heat over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear for 4 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the carrots, celery, and mushrooms to the same pot and sauté over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and add the chicken back to the pot. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer for
- Remove the chicken from the pot and shred or cut up. Add the chicken back to the pot; stir.
- If desired, you can serve over some brown or wild rice.