Chickpea Taco Bowls
We know you will love this is bowl of warm chickpeas flavored with chiles, tomatoes, onion and cheddar and tossed with shredded lettuce for added crunch. Serve with Greek yogurt (or lite sour cream), tortilla chips, and avocado and this bowl will only get better!
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Mrs. Dash or salt to taste
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chiles
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- cheddar cheese, grated (to taste)
- lettuce, shredded (to taste)
- In a small pot on medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onion and cook for two minutes until fragrant. Add the tomato and a pinch of seasoning. Let it cook for 3 minutes until the tomato pieces have released a bunch of their juices.
- Add the green chiles to the pot and stir. Cook for another two minutes or so, then add the chickpeas and a little more seasoning. Stir and cook until everything is warmed through. Taste and add more seasoning if needed.
- Now assemble the bowl! Spoon the warm chickpea mixture in the middle of the bowl and pile shredded lettuce on one side and sprinkle cheese on the other.