Creamy Chicken Apple Salad (Diabetes Friendly)
This salad is a low-carb, power-food dynamo. Easy to prepare and packed full of protein, fiber , and healthy fat!
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast (chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (diced)
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 1 medium apple (finely diced)
- 3 Tablespoons walnuts (chopped)
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup yogurt (plain, fat-free)
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, celery, green onions, apple, and walnuts
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice and pepper. Pour over the chicken mixture and gently stir to coat.
- Serve over your choice of lettuce or spinach leaves, whole-wheat bread or healthy crackers.