Creamy Chicken & Mushrooms
Watermelon + cucumbers is one of the most refreshing combos of all time. Throw in some mint, red onion, and feta and toss it all with a very simple vinaigrette (just olive oil + red wine vinegar), and you’ve got yourself a mean summer salad.
- 4 4-5 ounce chicken cutlets
- 4 cups mixed mushrooms, sliced if large
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each kosher salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken, turning once, until browned and just cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and mushrooms to the pan; cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has evaporated, about 4 minutes.
- Increase heat to high, add wine and cook until it has mostly evaporated, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium; stir in cream, any accumulated juice from the chicken and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Return the chicken to the pan and turn to coat with the sauce. Serve the chicken topped with the sauce and sprinkled with parsley.