Creamy Chicken Salad with Apples and Raisins
- 1 pound chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1 Tablespoon salt-free seasoning (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons mustard (Dijon or Creole)
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 celery stalks, diced small
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 apple, diced small
- 2 Tablespoons raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Wasa Crackers
- Cucumber, thinly sliced
- Lettuce, rinsed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Trim chicken breast and season with salt-free seasoning of choice, if desired. Salt-free lemon pepper, curry powder, or creole seasoning are some delicious options.
- Spray a medium sauté pan with cooking spray or add 1 teaspoon of oil and place over medium-high heat. Add chicken breast and cook until the chicken is golden brown on the bottom. Flip the chicken, and then (if your pan is oven-safe) place in the oven to finish cooking. If you pan is not oven-safe, place chicken on a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the chicken reads 165°F. Set aside to cool.
- While the chicken is cooling, add all remaining ingredients (not including the “to serve” ingredients) to a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Dice or shred the cooled chicken breast and add it to the sauce mixture. Fold together thoroughly.
Source: FoodShare’s Culinary Medicine Kitchen