Easy Baked Pears
This is so simple to make – the pears and onions are roasted in the oven quickly, to give you a healthy, naturally sweet side dish that is just a little bit different.
- 3 pears
- 1 red onion
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 3 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Cut each pear vertically into quarters and use a teaspoon to remove the core and seeds.
- Peel the onion and cut into wedges.
- Place the pears to a baking pan or ovenproof dish.
- Add the onion wedges and rosemary.
- Pour over the olive oil, maple syrup, and apple cider vinegar. Toss gently to ensure each pear and onion wedge is well coated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until everything is soft and starting to caramelize.
- Serve hot, warm or room temperature.