Easy Breakfast Muffins
- 12 eggs
- 1 teaspoon no-salt seasoning
- fresh-ground black pepper (optional)
- 1-2 cups grated low fat cheese (sharp cheddar or a blend of cheddar/Jack cheese). Use less cheese if using meat; omit the cheese if you want egg muffins that are Whole 30 or Paleo.
- 3 green onions diced small.
- Optional: chopped veggies such as blanched broccoli, red pepper, sauteed zucchini, sauteed mushrooms, etc. (Using veggies will reduce the fat content)
- Optional: diced Canadian bacon, lean ham, or crumbled cooked turkey sausage
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray or olive oil.
- In the bottom of the muffin cups layer diced meat, if using, sauteed vegetables, if using, cheese and green onions. You want the muffin cups to be about 2/3 full, with just enough room to pour a little egg around the other ingredients.
- Break eggs into large measuring bowl with pour spout, add no-salt seasoning and pepper (if using) and beat well.
- Pour egg into each muffin cup until it is 3/4 full. I like to stir slightly with a fork.
- Bake 25-35 minutes until muffins have risen and are slightly browned and set.
- Egg muffins can be stored in the fridge for at least a week. Reheat in the microwave for less than a minute to warm them.