Easy Peasy Pancakes
Talk about easy! This recipe uses just 2 ingredients: a banana and an egg. I came across the magic binding power of the egg while studying abroad because eggs were one of the only things I could confidently cook and they keep for a significant amount of time. You may think this is crazy, there’s no way it actually tastes like a pancake, but I promise! You’ll be stunned how great it turns out! Not to mention the toppings are endless. Serve yourself up a personal classy swirled pancake, or the kids their own personal canvas to decorate and then demolish.
– 1 banana
– 1 egg
Topping ideas: peanut butter and jelly (pictured, and my personal favorite!), maple syrup, butter, chopped nuts, chocolate chips, blueberries and strawberries, more bananas, shredded coconut…
- Mash banana with fork in a bowl. You really want to get the clumps out or you’ll get lumpy pancakes
- Crack in egg and mix thoroughly
- Sprinkle cinnamon in and mix
- Pour into sprayed frying pan on medium heat
- Cook about 3-4 minutes on side until you can see bubbles forming around the side
- Flip and let cook another 2-3 minutes on other side
- Add toppings and dig in!