Filipino Mango and Tomato Salad
Mango and Tomato salad is a refreshing side dish you’ll love as the weather is warming up! It’s colorful, delicious, and nutritious! A tasty accompaniment to grilled meat or seafood!
- 1 large ripe but firm mango, peeled and julienned
- 1 large Roma tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled and diced
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground pepper
- Deseed the tomato to keep from watering down the salad.
- In a bowl, combine vinegar, fish sauce, and oil. Add sugar and pepper. Whisk together until well blended.
- In a bowl, combine mangoes, tomatoes, red onions, and cilantro.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette dressing and toss gently to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 10 minutes to allow flavors to meld.