Fudgy Chocolate Zucchini Bread
This recipe is a great way to incorporate other vegetables into familiar mashed potatoes. You may also use parsnips, celery root, or cauliflower.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips + 2 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 cups shredded fresh zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter and flour a loaf pan (or use cooking spray).
- Combine eggs, yogurt, and oil in a mixing bowl and blend well. Add flour, sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and baking powder and blend. Batter will be thick.
- Add 1/4 cup chocolate chips and zucchini and stir until well combined.
- Pour batter into pan. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons chocolate chips on top of loaf. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Set pan on a wire rack and let rest for 15 minutes. Slide a knife around the edges to loosen loaf from pan. Carefully turn out loaf onto wire rack and cool.