Girl’s Club Eggplant
We ran across this recipe while scrolling through YouTube one weekend. Many thanks to Aubree Clark and her daughter Bellamy for making this easy and “kid-friendly” recipe. They named it Girl’s Club Eggplant because none of the men in their house like these things. They don’t know what they’re missing! Eggplant, tomatoes and cheese…it’s that simple. Check out the recipe below or on their blog. There’s also a great follow-along video here.
- 1 eggplant
- 1 large ripe tomato
- mozzarella cheese
- feta cheese
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Prep your baking sheet with foil down and a thin coat of cooking spray.
- Peel your eggplant with a vegetable peeler or knife.
- Cut the peeled eggplant into slices about 3/4 of an inch, to an inch thick.
- Slice your tomatoes however thick you’d like.
- Lay your eggplant down on the baking sheet, and stack one slice of tomato on top. If the tomato is significantly smaller than the eggplant slice, you can stick another half of a slice of tomato on the eggplant. Don’t stack the tomatoes on top of each other as it will prevent the tomato on the bottom from cooking evenly.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper over the tomatoes to taste.
- You can use any kind of cheese, but try it with sliced mozzarella and crumbled Feta. Spread the cheese out evenly over each stack.
- Cook about 13-15 minutes at 400 degrees. If you like your cheese slightly browned on top, you can throw it under the broiler on high for about 30 seconds or a minute to finish it off!