Healthy Mediterranean Tuna Salad
- 5 ounces olive oil packed tuna, drained (if you’re watching your fat intake, use water-packed
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 1/2 stalk celery, minced
- 1 finely chopped green onion – green part only (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, or more to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour the tuna in a small mixing bowl. Use a fork to break the tuna chunks into very small
- Add the basil, celery, scallions and lemon juice to the bowl. Use the fork to stir all the
ingredients together till well mixed.
- Add extra virgin olive oil to moisten the tuna to your liking. I usually use between 1 and 2
tbsp. Season with salt and pepper to taste; sea salt and freshly ground pepper is best. Serve.