Homemade Breakfast Sausage
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground rosemary
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl and mix well using a fork or your hands.
- Form mixture into sixteen round (2- to 3-inch) patties. Heat griddle or skillet over medium and brown patties on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Lower heat to medium-low or even low if they seem to be burning. Drain on paper towels before serving.