Impastably healthy spaghetti
Impastably Healthy Spaghetti
Even if you’re not gluten free I have to seriously recommend ditching your gluten filled noodles and grabbing your spaghetti squash ASAP! This is probably my favorite vegetable because it goes well with everything, is ready in one easy cut and roast, and is the perfect size for a whole meals worth of leftovers! There’s something calming about how perfect this vegetable’s size is for stuffing and eating within the hour. It was really made for your consumption! So don’t get spooked by how large and hard it is. Grab a sharp knife, (carefully) chop it in half and turn on your oven because the possibilities are endless. Tonight I went with a classic take on spaghetti, but step out of the food box and make your own creations. Be sure to share what delicious concoctions you come up with!
- 1/2 spaghetti squash
- 1/2 chicken breast
- 1/2 cup of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach/ green of choice
- 1/3 cup cheese
- Halve your spaghetti squash and scoop out the seeds- don’t toss those babies though, go roast them! (see butternut squash post)
- Season with salt, pepper, and italian spices
- Roast for 40 minutes on 400 degrees
- Spoon in pasta sauce and spinach and flip the oven to broil
- Broil for 5 minutes
- Top with cheese and broil for another 3-5 minutes
- Top with roasted chicken (I seasoned mine with pepper and tumeric and roasted it for 30 minutes on 400) or meat of choice, or no meat and top it with even more veggies!