Lemon Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 large lemons)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TablespoonDijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 large lemon, sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut sweet potatoes to desired size. Arrange in a deep baking pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, mustard, oregano, turmeric, salt, pepper, and chicken broth. Whisk to combine.
- Place the chicken breasts over the sweet potatoes and pour lemon mixture on top.
- Bake in oven for 55-60 minutes. Optional: After 30 minutes, arrange lemon slices over chicken and continue baking.