Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
This is an easy lemon dressing you can adjust to your tastes, add new flavors to and use many ways. Get creative! Beyond salads, use it on grilled or fresh vegetables, or marinate chicken in it before grilling.
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, grated on a zester
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, pinch
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or maple syrup, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, mustard, salt, pepper, and honey, if using.
- Drizzle in the olive oil while whisking and continue to whisk until the dressing is emulsified. Alternatively, combine everything in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake for 30-60 seconds to combine.
- If your dressing is too tangy, add more olive oil, to taste.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon or more of fresh herbs. Fresh thyme plays nicely with lemon. So does basil.
- For a creamy version, stir in a couple of tablespoons of Greek yogurt.
- Add in 2 teaspoons of mellow white miso paste, mashing it with a fork to separate into the emulsification. Use over grains and greens.
- Use this dressing over steamed or roasted broccoli with a sprinkling of parmesan
Source: FoodShare’s Culinary Medicine Kitchen