Low Sodium Egg Muffin Cups
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red pepper (measured after chopping)
- 1 cup green pepper (measured after chopping)
- 1 cup yellow onion (measured after chopping)
- 2 cups baby spinach or kale – roughly chopped measured/packed before chopping
- 1 cup mushrooms (measured before chopping)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- No salt seasoning (21 Salute or Mrs. Dash)
- 4 whole large eggs
- 4 egg whites
hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray non stick 12-slot muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat a large non stick skillet over medium heat.Once hot, add in oil, red pepper, green pepper, and onion.
- Sauté 5-7 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
- Add in spinach and mushrooms and cook for an additional 2 minutes. In the last 30 seconds, add in minced garlic.
- Season with no salt seasoning and remove from heat.
- Crack eggs/egg whites into a large 4 cup measuring cup and whisk together.
- Stir in cooked veggies.
- Pour the egg/veggie mixture evenly into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops are firm to the touch and eggs are cooked.
- Cool slightly and serve immediately.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for about 4 days.
- These may also be frozen. To reheat, pop them in the microwave until warm.