Microwave Baked Apples
These baked apples are perfect for an evening treat after dinner. But they’re also great for breakfast. On top of oatmeal, pancakes, or crepes. You can also add raisins or chopped nuts. It’s amazing how whole, fresh apples turn into a warm, satisfying dessert after just a few minutes in the microwave.
- 1 apple
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon butter
- sweetener (maple syrup, honey, Splenda, Stevia, or brown sugar)
- Core and chop your apple into bite-size pieces.
- Mix in some melted butter, cinnamon, and sweetener of choice.
- Microwave for 2 to 4 minutes depending on how tender you want them to be.
- Once they’re ready, let the apples cool for a few minutes and then finish it off with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream.