One Pot Chicken & Vegetables
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 5 medium carrots, washed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 small red potatoes, halved or quartered (depending on size)
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed in hand
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Measure the flour into a mixing bowl. Add the ground pepper, garlic powder and paprika, and whisk well to combine. Dredge the chicken breasts in the seasoned flour, coating each thoroughly.
- Heat the olive oil in the Dutch oven over medium. Once oil is hot, add the breasts, two at a time, frying just until golden brown. You don’t want to cook – just brown the outside. Remove from pot, place on towel to drain, and repeat with other two breasts. Set aside.
- Once breasts are browned, add the onion, garlic and celery to the (now empty) pot. Cook, stirring, until softened, then add the carrots and potatoes to the pot and stir to combine.
- Place the browned chicken breasts on top, then sprinkle with the remaining herbs and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Pour the broth over top and cover with lid.
- Place on the middle rack in the oven and bake, covered, 30-45 minutes, until the carrots and potatoes are soft. Remove from oven and serve immediately, plating each chicken breast with a generous portion of vegetables and large ladle of broth.