Oodles of Zoodles
Since discovering how to make zucchini noodles my life has legitimately been changed. With a simple vegetable peeler you can make a healthy version of your favorite pasta in less than 10 minutes! Now I’m sure some of you are asking “why on earth would I choose zucchini noodles instead of normal noodles?” But these zoodles soak in the sauce and bring a little crunch that your normal pasta doesn’t. It’s also INSANELY healthier for you than eating normal pasta. And don’t just stop at normal tomato sauce, add in your favorite pesto, bolognese, alfredo, anything your heart desires! Any and every sauce tastes good on these! If you happen to fall in love like I did, consider looking into a spiralizer (middle picture)- more info to come in the next post, which will be my first kitchen gadget review.
Servings: 1 person
1.5 zucchini squashes
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
1 cup of your favorite tomato sauce
Handful of shredded cheese
- Peel the entire zucchini into long strips with a vegetable peeler
- Heat the oil in a small pan on medium-high heat
- Add the zucchini and season with salt and pepper or any other desired spices
- Allow to cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until strips begin getting floppy
- Add the tomato sauce and let cook for 2-3 more minutes
- Remove from heat and top with cheese
And don’t forget to follow @FoodShare_Columbia on instagram!