Oven Roasted Celery
For many of us, celery is primarily a raw snacking vegetable, however, slow-roasting reveals celery’s inner sweetness. Roasted celery requires very little prep or cooking effort and delivers a dynamic payoff.
- 1 bunch celery, top-end trimmed, halved lengthwise
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 385 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Trim away any top leaves that could burn. (If they’re in good condition, save them for garnish.)
- Place the celery cut-side up on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle the celery with olive oil and season all over with salt and pepper, then flip and repeat.
- Bake the celery until the outer stalks are tender enough to be pierced with a fork and the edges are golden brown, about 45 minutes.