Parmesan Zucchini Chips
Zucchini crisps up nicely in this simple recipe. The interior is creamy and soft without feeling mushy, while the outside gets crispy. A squeeze of lemon after cooking adds brightness and tang.
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 large (8-ounce) zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Air Fryer Method:
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes. Combine Parmesan, oil, oregano, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and crushed red pepper in a medium bowl. Add zucchini and toss to coat.
- Working in batches if necessary, arrange the zucchini slices in a single layer in the fryer basket. Cook, flipping once, until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon juice and serve with lemon wedges.
Traditional Oven Method:
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a cooling rack on top of it.
- Place your lightly coated zucchini on the cooling rack, leaving space between them, no overlapping. Spray lightly with baking spray like PAM or Canola oil spray.
- Bake for FIVE minutes. Blast it with a quick broil at the end if you’d like it extra crispy but do so carefully so as not to burn the cheese.