Peach and Black Bean Salsa (with Kiwi, Too!)
This unusual but DELICIOUS combination is great over grilled fish or grilled chicken.
- 2 peaches or nectarines, pitted, diced into 1/2-inch pieces (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 kiwi, peeled and diced (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 red or green pepper, diced (1/2 cup)
- 15 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup mixture of chopped cilantro and 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco
- juice of 1 lime, divided
- In a medium bowl, toss all the ingredients with half of lime juice. Taste to see if it needs more lime juice. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Source: Original recipe from FoodShareSC Director of Culinary Medicine, Chef Christa D. Gonzalez