Quick and Easy Mushroom Bacon
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon liquid smoke
- 8 oz any type of mushrooms, sliced
- In a medium bowl, mix together the olive oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, and liquid smoke. Add the sliced mushrooms to the bowl and gently toss to evenly coat the mushrooms.
For Fried Mushroom Bacon (the quicker method):
- Heat a large skillet or non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot add the mushrooms and any leftover marinade. Tip: If your pan is not that large, you may want to work in batches as you will get the best results if the mushrooms are in a single layer on the bottom of the pan. Fry 5 – 10 minutes letting them get golden on one side before flipping. Try not to stir the mushrooms too much as letting them rest will allow them to really brown up. It may get a little smoky, so be sure to turn on your hood fan. Remove from the pan and enjoy!
For Baked Mushroom Bacon:
- Preheat your oven to 375F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the mushrooms slices in a single layer over the prepared baking sheet, and pour over any leftover marinade. Add to the oven and bake for 18 – 25 minutes until dark golden and reduced in size.
Mushroom bacon is most delicious enjoyed still warm but it can also be enjoyed cold. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge up to 4 days. Reheat if needed.