Quick Tomato Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Olive or Vegetable Oil
- 1 medium Sweet Onion, rough chopped
- 2-3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 pounds Canned Tomatoes, unsalted, diced
- 3 tablespoons Fresh basil, chopped
- 1 each Lemon, zested & juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher or Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Heat oil in a medium-sized sauce pan over medium heat.
- Once oil is hot, add onions. Stir constantly until onions are slightly translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté another 30 seconds- 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add in remaining ingredients and allow to simmer for 5-20 minutes (depending on time constraints, the longer you simmer the thicker the sauce will become.)
- Using a blender or food processor partially puree tomato sauce, leaving some chunks.