Red and Yellow Bell Pepper Omelet
Try serving these omelets with whole wheat toast and 100% fruit juice.
- In a large nonstick pan over medium heat, warm oil; add red and yellow bell peppers and cook, stirring frequently for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Keep warm over low heat.
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk together egg whites, basil, and ground black pepper.
- Coat a small nonstick pan with nonstick cooking spray. Warm over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add half of the egg mixture, swirling the pan to evenly coat the bottom. Cook for 30 seconds or until the eggs are set.
- Carefully loosen and flip. Cook for 1 minute or until firm.
- Sprinkle half of the red and yellow bell peppers over the eggs. Fold to enclose the filling. Transfer to a plate. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat with the remaining egg mixture, peppers, and cheese. Serve hot.